- Updated on: February 10, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10, 1.7.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Mine Painter Mod allows you to customize blocks using a new set of tools added to the game. You can paint on canvas, sculpt out sections of blocks, and even craft bars or full blocks from the pieces you previously chiseled out. It’s a fantastic mod for fully customizing many of the building blocks in the game.
Painting blocks is done either with a thin brush for single pixels, mixer brush for thicker lines, or paint buckets for painting the whole canvas at once. You’ll need to craft a canvas to place on a wall and a palette to select colors. Then with either brush you can start your creations. The paint buckets are crafted with dye and buckets of water.
Sculpting is where this mod gets really neat. You get three chisels: the stone Chisel for removing 1x1x1 squares, iron chisel for 1x1x8, and diamond chisel for 1x8x8.
You can get really creative with the chisels and customize your structures to have a little more depth to them or more interesting designs. You can even use the tools to make an actual sculpture right within the game. The possibilities are endless!
The blocks you removed from your sculpture can then be recycled into usable blocks. Eight single chunks will make a bar. Eight bars will make a side. And eight sides will make the full block again. This makes it really resourceful to reuse the bits you’ve cut off into more raw material. Plus you can still build with those smaller chunks and craft on a micro-scale.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge) Eg. Choose the latest 1.7.10 version of Forge if the mod is in 1.7.10.
- Download the Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge