- Updated on: May 22, 2017
- Newest File: Merlin's Forge
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
This mod adds items and blocks that even the odds against hostile mobs and enhance the processes of mining and farming.
- a bow that fires flaming arrows over long distances
- a sword that kills with one hit
- a chestplate that keeps hostile mobs away
- a recipe book (based on the Guidebook mod)
- a furnace that smelts in a fraction of the time (from minecraft-by-example)
- a trading chest that offers scarce items and blocks at a reasonable price
- a protection block that kills hostile mobs but adds health to players and passive mobs
As you can see, much of this mod is based on ideas from other mods. This is because I chose to learn Java language using Minecraft as a development platform. I freely admit that this mod is built upon the shoulders of more experienced and creative modders–especially GreyGhost and Choonster–who openly share their code examples on Github. My thanks to their generosity.
Please note that this mod should be considered “beta” and suitable precautions taken before using it.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Merlin’s Forge Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by alfredpsloan, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.