- Updated on: February 27, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.6.2, 1.6.4, 1.7.2, 1.7.10, 1.8.x
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Magic Yarn Mod is a fantastic tool for retracing your steps. If you’ve ever gone too far away from your base and end up lost, then you’ll want to invest in Magic Yarn. Set a waypoint and wander off to gather supplies or whatever you need. Then if you lose your way, all you need to do is call your waypoint back up.
This mod is especially useful when trekking into the unknown such as the Nether. All too often you’ll travel to the underworld, get sidetracked by a huge glowstone or quartz vein, only to then realize you have no idea where your portal is. Worse yet, you don’t have any obsidian to get back. Now without a working compass, you’re stuck unless you can find your portal again. With the Magic Yarn mod all you need to do is right-click where your portal is to set your first point.
Then after you’ve gone a certain distance, right-click again and your path to freedom is revealed.
The mod works anywhere and will be useful in mines as well. It’s easy to get lost in a mine and if you don’t place good enough markers or signs, you’re likely to get stuck in one for hours. Magic yarn saves the day again.
There are some caveats to this mod, though. It seems at a certain distance or if there isn’t a direct walkable path to your destination, the magic yarn may not find your waypoint. But if you wander close enough to it and keep trying with the yarn, you should be able to activate it if you come with in a walkable range.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge) Eg. Choose the latest 1.7.10 version of Forge if the mod is in 1.7.10.
- Download the Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge