- Updated on: July 9, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10, 1.7.2, 1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
Just Another Spawner (JAS) is a Minecraft Mod aimed at providing an alternative entity spawning system for Minecraft.
Go to (Quick links)
JAS adds an entity spawning system that runs in parallel with the vanilla system. By design, it fundamentally works the same as its vanilla counterpart, but allows for greater customization by exposing and consolidating many of the properties that are involved.
Since it runs in parallel, by default, JAS will not do anything. It will import settings from entities that are declared in minecraft, including those added by mods, but by default will not set any of them to spawn within JAS spawner.
The way JAS works is by assigning a LivingHandler to every type of entity in minecraft. This controls what creature type it belonds to, if it should use the default mod location check, if it should spawn at all, or even if it should be forced to despawn. For each LivingHandler their are multiple SpawnListEntries which controls biome specific settings: which biomes to spawn in, the relative spawn chance, spawn pack size, and chunk pack size.
Most of these settings are world specific and are stored under the WorldSettings directory in the JAS forge config folder. There is a Master directory within which is used to generate default value on every world load to the world specific config.
Pictographic Guide to Config Files:
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge