- Updated on: February 19, 2014
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- License: All Rights Reserved
In this Tutorials, CrazyMinecraft will support you How to install Optifine HD for Minecraft 1.6.2
Please see step by step in the bellow:
- Download the OptiFine HD .zip folder
- Locate your Minecraft folder
- Open the versions folder and rename 1.6.2 to 1.6.2_OptiFine
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata%\.minecraft\ and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for minecraft.
- Open the 1.6.2_OptiFine folder and do the following:
- Rename 1.6.2.jar to 1.6.2_OptiFine.jar
- Rename 1.6.2.json to 1.6.2_OptiFine.json
- Open 1.6.2_OptiFine.json with a text editor such as TextExit or Notepad and replace ”id”:”1.6.2? with ”id”:”1.6.2_OptiFine” then save the file.
- Open 1.6.2_OptiFine.jar with an archive editor such as WinRar, 7-Zip or WinZip (Right click, open with).
- Copy all the files from within the OptiFine download zip into the .jar.
- Delete the META-INF folder from the .jar.
- Start the Minecraft launcher, click edit profile and select the version with OptiFine in the name. Save the profile and launch minecraft.
To quickly test if OptiFine HD has installed correctly start a new Minecraft world, press CTRL and the view should zoom in.