- Updated on: May 24, 2017
- Newest File: immersivepetroleum-1.10.2-1.0.0.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2,1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Immersive Petroleum is a lightweight content add-on for Immersive Engineering that introduces oil, oil extraction, and oil processing to the mod’s tech progression. It includes an expansive set of configuration options to ensure that it will be a welcome addition to any modpack that includes Immersive Engineering.
To utilize Immersive Petroleum, players must first locate an oil deposit buried deep belowground, trapped under a thick layer of Bedrock. The Core Sample Drill can be used to detect these reservoirs. Once a source of oil is discovered, Pumpjacks can be built to pump the Crude Oil to the surface.
Using the large Distillation Tower multiblock, Crude Oil is heated to separate it into layers of varying boiling points. From the Crude Oil input, the structure produces Diesel, a less environmentally friendly but longer-burning alternative to Biodiesel. Bitumen is also produced, a gooey byproduct that’s used in making Asphalt paving.
The initial version of Immersive Petroleum includes all you need to start building your oil empire, including the Pumpjack and Distillation Tower as well as Asphalt paving. Expect to see new multiblock machines, from bedrock-piercing Oil Derricks to Cokers that can crack Bitumen into Diesel and Petcoke in the future.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Immersive Petroleum Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by theFlaxbeard, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.