- Updated on: November 28, 2016
- Newest File: IguanaTinkerTweaks-1.7.10-2.1.6.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Iguana Tinker Tweaks is an add-on to The Tinkers’ Construct mod, previously reviewed here. It takes all the fun and tools from the mod and gives them a realistic leveling function. Your tools now require you to level them up by using them and they will gain more abilities and modifiers as you do. So you’ll construct your tools as you normally would with Tinkers’ Construct but now you’ll have to work harder and expand your skills over time. Also most of the vanilla tools are now disabled and you have to level your tools in order to progress in the game.
So you have to start small with this modded mod. You can really only craft flint tools early on since wooden tool heads are no longer craftable with Tinker Tweaks. You’ll be mining a lot of stone in the beginning but your skills should grow fast. This method works with pretty much all tools and weapons. You’ll start with flint and work your way up.
You will need to utilize the tool repair feature if you want to upgrade your tool parts and keep your tools in shape. This mod makes repairing very easy as you’ll simply need a tool station table and an ingot of whatever your tool head is made from. So if you have a damaged flint tool, place it in the station, add a piece of flint and the tool is repaired. The same works for copper heads using a copper ingot, iron head and iron ingot and so on. Now you can cast higher quality parts and replace the lower ones to further your tool’s leveling capabilities. Check the Tinkers’ Construct Review link above for more info on smelting and casting tools.
With the smeltery you can now smelt obsidian without mining any actual obsidian. You’ll simply need a couple of tanks and drains to add to the top of your smeltery then add lava. After the lava has been added start adding water into the mix. This will give you smelted obsidian and you can then make obsidian mineable picks to further progress your tools.
Basically this mod turns your Tinkers’ Construct world into a world of advanced blacksmithing. You get all the tools and abilities of Tinkers’ Construct but now you’ll have to gain experience with more metals to make your tools stronger. The strongest of which is a new metal called Manyullyn. It really adds to the difficulty of the game if you’re looking for something a little more hardcore in tool skills. There’s also some new armor added with this mod like zoomable sight goggles, the ability to walk up one block without jumping, swimming fast, and jumping two block’s height.
- Random bonuses on levelup
- Bonus modifiers on levelup
- Mining Level tooltip
Pickaxe Mining Level Boosting
- Pickaxes can gain a mining level
- Pickaxes gain xp for the mining level like they do for regular levelups
- Pickaxes start with 1 harvest level less, therefore have to be “mining leveled up” to reach full effectiveness
- MobHeads can be used as modifiers to instantly boost the mining level
Tool Part Swapping
- Allows to exchange a part of a tool with a new one
- If configured, this may cost a percentage of your tool XP or mining level XP
- Tool must be fully repaired to swap parts
- Adds additional mobheads
- Gives heads a base drop chance
- Allows to configure head drop chance and Beheading effectiveness
Harvest Level/Material Tweaks
- New mining level Progression
- Changes Mining/Harvest Level of materials and blocks
- Adapts Tinker Tool Materials to the new progression (changes some stats). Mostly earlylevel materials.
- Creates a slower progression through the tiers (Wood < Flint < Copper < Iron < Bronze < Obsidian < Ardite < Cobalt < Manyullyn)
- Change durability/speed % of all tools
- Emerald/Diamond Modifier only give durability
- ExtraTiC Support with adjusted Mining Levels
- Made from clay, must be burnt in a furnace first
- Can transport water, lava, milk and all TConstruct liquids
- Break when used to transport a hot material like lava
- Add Flint Recipe (configurable amount)
- Remove Gravel Flint Drop
- Remove Stone Torch recipe
- Disallow Stone Tools
- Disable Non-Tic-Tools being able to harvest blocks. They can still be used for crafting this way. BonusChest Tools are replaced with tinker tools.
- Allow Tool-repair in crafting grid (if enabled)
- Burn part used to cast a metal-cast
- Reusable toolparts in the Part Builder
- More expensive Silky Cloth, Silky Jewel
- Flux modifier takes 2 Modifiers
- Amount how often a tool can be repaired is limitable
- The materials parts can be mades out are configurable
- All non-metals can only be used for a few parts
- Patterns have tooltips which parts are allowed
For all the people who want to know what changed!
- New Head-Rendering. This means “real” endermen heads!
- TE-Support: Blizz Head
- Dense Ores Support
- ExtraTiC Support has been newly rebalanced to the harvestlevel progression
- Config option to make all non-tinkers tools useless
- Creating a metal cast burns up the material it was casted around. No more useless stone tool parts lying around!
- Dungeon Chests may contain random Weapons.
- Now allows ALL modifiers (if useful bonuses config is disabled)
- ..but Bonuses are weighted, so you’ll usually get very little weird bonuses
- Random-mode config option for pure chaos
- The different bonus modifiers can be deactivated separately (like TiC Tweaks)
- Doing stuff gives a small chance increase to obtain certain modifiers
- can now be cofigured per level. Determine at which levelups a bonus modifier is awarded. Default is after 1st, 3rd and 5th levelup
Tool Part Swapping
- Only one part can be exchanged at a time. Was two in old version.
- If a part accepts multiple parts of the same type (e.g. large plate for hammer), changing the slot the part is in changes which one will get replaced
- Tools with mining-level-xp cannot be downgraded to tool-heads without
Harvest Level Tweaks:
- Added an additional mining level, Redstone/Diamond. Basically this allows to mine diamonds, but not obsidian. Only Bronze with the NerfBronze config has this mining level, otherwise you’d need steel to progress.
- Material properties are a bit different (minor)
- Emerald/Diamond modifier don’t give mining levels anymore
- ExtraTic Materials have been rebalanced/adjusted to HarvestLevels
Pickaxe mining level boosting
- Because of the additional mining level the multiplier for BoostXP has been lowered and is configurable separately now.
- Applicable mining levels for heads are a bit different
- Defaults have been changed a bit
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Iguana Tinker Tweaks Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by boni , all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.