- Updated on: August 19, 2017
- Newest File: HardcoreRevival_1.12.1-1.0.4.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.12.1
- License: All Rights Reserved
Have you ever played Hardcore multiplayer with friends and suddenly your teammate died to a dumb mistake while you were just being comfy at home? You usually would be forced to restart, even though you didn’t really do anything wrong. Maybe your friend didn’t do anything wrong either. Overall I believe that death in hardcore is only fun if it feels like you really deserved it, for example while fighting a strong boss monster.
Therefore, this mod aims to solve this problem! When a player dies, instead of being gone for good, they enter a K.O. state, at which point a timer will start running. Being the good friend you are, you can attempt to save them in time. If you do, everything is fine – they get a small debuff and a strong appetite and you two can be on your way again. If you don’t, for example because you died while trying to save them, or you just didn’t care about your friend get there in time, then that’s your own fault and you can now decide to restart while in peace with yourself!
But yeah long story short, grace K.O. period before final death where your friends can save you, similar to other survival games.
The mechanic is simple – locate the player and hold right-click for two seconds or so to help them get back up. While K.O., the player can look around and chat, but can not move, attack or use items. There’s also integration for the Ping and TeamUp mods included (check the config file for info). And despite the name, it works in non-hardcore worlds as well.
If you enjoy my mods, help me keep doing this by pledging to my Patreon.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Hardcore Revival Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by BlayTheNinth, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.