- Updated on: September 5, 2017
- Newest File: 0.0.2
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.12.1
- License: All Rights Reserved
Welsh Mythology in Minecraft
Genera is a Forge mod for Minecraft 1.12.1. Based on the Welsh mythological Tylwyth Teg (Fair Folk). For a long time, I have had an interest in Celtic mythology, particularly that of pre-Roman-occupation Wales. I have decided to translate this interest into programming through this mod.
In Genera, you obtain Nightshade seeds by breaking tall grass. Plant these and when they grow to completion (bone meal works too), there is a chance that small white entities called Faerie will spawn. These Faerie can be captured and their statistics examined in a glass jar. Check the new recipe book for crafting. Once captured, three things are revealed about your Faerie: their type, their size, and their maximum health. You should now craft Faerie Home and click your jar full of Faerie into it.
Once in the Faerie Home, Faerie can either advance in size or maximum health. This happens for every Faerie in the home, which has six slots, every 30 seconds. Currently, size and health don’t have a real effect on the powers given to the player but they will. When a Faerie is placed in the world, the nearest player within ten blocks of them gets a health boost effect.
More features, powers and Faerie type coming soon.
bms_1984 – lead developer and (mediocre) artist
Logo made with logomakr.com
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Genera Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by bms_1984, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.