- Updated on: December 7, 2016
- Newest File: Gems+ 1.7-MC1.10.2
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.9.4,1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10,1.6.4,1.6.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Gems! Gems everywhere! Gems Plus Mod adds a ton of new gems to the game that can all be crafted into new tools, armor, and even colored glass!
You’ll now be able to craft armor from Emeralds but you’ll also be able to utilize new gems like rubies, amethyst, sapphires, and onyx, amongst many, many others.
Tools are all relatively similar to what you’re used to in terms of crafting but they all have different specs and durabilities. Below is a chart to help differentiate between each gem and what they may be worth to you. So not only will you have aesthetic options but you can even craft based on strength and health.
If you’d like to craft colored glass from these gems, just smelt the gem into dust, combine it with sand, and then smelt that into glass.
If you’ve ever wanted more precious gems from Minecraft then this mod more than has you covered. This would also be a fantastic resource for currency systems in multiplayer servers.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the GemsPlus.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Boilingfort, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.