About Frankenstein Items Mod
After cracking open an old gamesave chest, I found a cobwebbed laced pickaxe which glowed 3 mighty materials – iron, gold, and diamond. It was then that my mind was flooded with past memories from a previous version life where such a pickaxe was possible. Inspiration struck, and I decided to revive my old mod creation and add in some more possibilities!
Weeks of working in my bedroom laboratory of my 4th floor apartment castle have resulted in me creating yet another beautiful monstrosity of a mod! With a flick of my mouse the power switch, electricity sparks have flown, and my mod creation. is. ALIVE!
Details Frankenstein Items Mod
This mod is a recreation and expansion of my previous mod, Frankenstein Pickaxes – as it now works for both axes and swords! The beauty of this mod is that it requires only vanilla logic to figure out (i.e. no unknown items and no new settings). You can mix and match any type of tool-material in creating pickaxes, axes, or swords to output your very own Frankenstein item!
The number of uses, enchantability, and mining/attack speed are calculated based on the average of the used materials. The harvest level and attack damage based on the highest tiered material used.
The code to spawn in any item is as follows:
/give <Player> frankenitems:xxx_y
Where “xxx” is the 2-3 materials (2 for swords, 3 for pickaxes/axes) and “y” is one of “pickaxe”, “axe”, or “sword” – and make sure everything is lowercase. So if you want a gold-gold-diamond pickaxe, type:
/give <Player> frankenitems:ggd_pickaxe
And for an iron-gold sword, enter:
/give <Player> frankenitems:ig_sword
- Unlike my previous renditions of this mod, the naming system has changed (see the Naming and Description Convention section of my 1.7.2 version of this mod (See my Planet Minecraft mods page). Currently the items are named based on the acronym of materials used. So having a “diamond-gold-diamond” pickaxe will show up as “DGD Pickaxe”, while having a “gold-diamond-diamond” pickaxe will show up as “GDD Pickaxe” – there’s no difference between the two other than name and appearance.
- If you have any ideas or suggestions (e.g. updating to a specific version, new design, changing the naming system, etc), the best way is a PM either here or to my Planet Minecraft Account under the same handle (shirtandtieler)
How to install Frankenstein Items Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Frankenstein Items Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by shirtandtieler, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.