- Updated on: April 4, 2016
- Newest File: FortuneOres-MC1.8.9-3.0.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Fortune Ores Mod 1.9, 1.8.9, 1.7.10 aims to fix the annoying flaw when mining blocks like iron and gold. Traditionally when you’d mine either of those it would give you a single block to then smelt down into only one ingot.
FortuneOres converts all ore drops into items and allows them to benefit from Fortune enchantments, without allowing dupes. In addition to using the Ore Dictionary to remain highly compatible, FortuneOres is configurable, allowing you to disable any supported metals, as well as alter the base number of dropped chunks.
FortuneOres works with all of the most common ores found in mods by default, and will soon be adding an API for other mods to add their own metals, as well as new metals being added to the mod itself upon request.
FortuneOres 2 is also a total rewrite from the old version, and as such, is not backwards compatible. All metal chunks have been compressed into a single item, and the mod should no longer cause issues with other mods doing OreDictionary magic. FO2 also brings to the table new, streamlined textures, and quicker additions of more metals!
With this mod you now get ore chunks. These are individual pieces of the block and gives you a much higher yield with your harvest. You still have to smelt these chunks but it’s a vast improvement over Vanilla Minecraft.
The benefit comes in when you have an enchanted pickaxe with Fortune applied. You will still get much more from diamond and coal blocks but now you’ll also get many more chunks when you mine. This means you’ll get more than one ingot from those iron and gold blocks now.
And you can still use silk touch on all the ores as you normally would if you want the whole ore block instead. Additionally the mod adds several new ores that can be used with other mods for tools and armor if you have them installed.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Fortune Ores Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This Mod is made by DemoXin , all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.