- Updated on: July 15, 2016
- Newest File: Flint Instead of Wood 5.3
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Wooden tools are hardly ever used in real life. During the Stone Age, caveman preferred hard rocks like Flint. It makes more sense!
Flint Instead of Wood Mod 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.8,1.7.10 removes recipes for wooden tools and replaces them with recipes for flint tools. These flint tools are identical to wooden ones in durability, attack damage, and mining level. It makes gravel a little more useful at the beginning of the game and adds to the realism of Minecraft tools.
The flint shovel has a bonus chance of harvesting flint from gravel!
Flint Axe (possibly the most important tool)
Flint tool head
Flint pickaxe (the second-most important tool)
- Toggle which Flint Tools can be crafted
- Toggle whether wooden tools can be crafted (disables all at once)
- Toggle whether you can break a log with your bare hand
- Toggle whether you are hurt by breaking a log with your bare hand (does not trigger if log does not break)
- Adjust the percent chance of sticks dropping from leaves
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Flint Instead of Wood Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by sky_01, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.