- Updated on: July 22, 2017
- Newest File: flatcoloredblocks-mc1.12-6.3.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2, 1.10.2, 1.9.4, 1.8.9, 1.12
- License: All Rights Reserved
Flat Colored Blocks Mod generates a selection of simple colored blocks, transparent blocks, and glowing blocks (all configurable) for use in building and creative projects. Highly configurable with settings to adjust number of hues, values, and saturation, as well as min/max ranges.
Makes a great companion to one of my other mods Chisels & Bits which allows you to use the colored blocks as bits.
Crafting Blocks in Survival
Example of Blocks in world
Using the item crafted you just need to have dyes and cobblestone/glass/glowstone in your inventory to craft items after opening the items gui. Some blocks require a few dyes to craft so try different dyes to see all the options.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use this in my mod pack?
- The texture on the blocks isn’t completely flat, can that be changed?
- I choose to make use a slightly textured option as the default since I think it fits better with MC. However, there a several options you can use the mod configuration screen, such as flawless ( no defects ), stone, or hardened clay. If the options available do not suit your tastes you can also change the textures using a resource pack.
- Why can’t I see any blocks in the crafting tool?
- Make sure you have dyes and cobblestone/glass/glowstone in your inventory, if you are missing either then nothing will be craft-able. Any dyes registered with the ore dictionary should be usable. ( if you can’t find anything, check your configs, its possible to change the crafting ingredient. )
- Can I change which blocks are used to craft them? or how many blocks I get per craft?
- Absolutely, check the mod config gui, in the crafting tab you can change how many per craft, and which block is used to craft the item.
- Why does this mod use so many block ids?
- This mod uses block states to generate mod compatible blocks, this means that other mods can detect and use these blocks for advanced features, such as chisels & bits, micro-blocks, or other features. They are also much more lightweight than a tile entity based implementation. Effort was made to ensure that the minimum required block ids were used for the generated shades.
- Can I increase or decreases the shades, or what if I only want brighter variations?
- You can use the configuration screen to change the minimum, and maximum range for Hue, Value, and Saturation ( HSV Color space. ), as well as the number of variations for each color dimension. It is recommended to test your settings in a creative test world before accepting your choice.
- Important Note: You should not change your settings in a world that is already using the mod, doing so will change the colors of the blocks already in the world.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Flat Colored Blocks Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by cpw11, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.