- Updated on: May 26, 2016
- Newest File: ee3-universal-pre1g-12.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10,1.6.4,1.6.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Equivalent Exchange 3 Mod 1.7.10,1.6.4,1.6.2 allows you to transmute tons of materials into other materials. It adds a lot of what is classified by many as “endgame content”, to make you feel more godlike in your sandbox world. If this offends your Minecrafting sensibilities, this may not be the mod for you.
These items are psychotically expensive, so before you bash them, try acquiring the items legitimately. You’ll find it’s not exactly a cakewalk.
Excessively Asked Questions:
How can I add my own EMC values for my other mod items? Is there a config file or something I need to update?
EMC has not been implemented yet in EE3, look for it in the future
Can I use this mod in my modpack?
See the Mod Packs section of this post
I’d think this new feature would be awesome! You should add it! or Are you adding anything new?
By all means tell me about it! Either leave a message here (but understand it could be drowned out) or put something up in my Github (see the Source Code section above for details)
When will EE3 be out for MC X.Y.Z?
The short answer is when it’s ready. Whenever Minecraft has a major release, it takes time for the dependencies that mods have update. When all of those are updated, the modders can update their mods. Depending on the amount of changes it can take some time. Be patient – we’re aware the update happened and are very likely very busy working on the update.
Will you update EE2 for MC X.Y.Z?
I have decided to focus solely on EE3 development. I feel that this version will be a superior experience to previous versions of EE, and so I have decided to make it my number one priority. I know a lot of you love EE2, so I only ask that you be patient while I flesh out more of the functionality in EE3 to get it to where I have planned.
Can I/someone I know update EE2 for you?
EE2 is a closed source mod, and as such only x3n0ph0b3 (the original author) can grant people the right to maintain/update it. Only myself and x3n0ph0b3 can update EE2, and neither of us are going to do so at this time (and this is unlikely to change in the future). EE3 was meant to be a clean break from EE2.
Where can I get updates on EE3 development?
I’m almost always on #ee on irc.esper.net, as well as #direwolf20. You can also find me on Twitter (@Pahimar).
How did you learn Java? How did you learn to mod?
I studied Computer Science in university where we used Java predominately (as well as C, Haskell, etc). As for how/where did I learn how to mod, I read and followed tutorials on the Minecraft Forums and (politely) asked for advice/help on the various modding channels on irc.esper.net. Specifically, #mcp-modding and #minecraftforge were very helpful.
Also, look around for Open Source mods to see how they work. BuildCraft is a notable one, and I am developing EE3 to be Open Source as well (both on GitHub).
Can I use some of your code in my mod?
Yes! That’s the beauty of open source projects; you can see what others have done and try it yourself! My goal here is for people who are curious how to mod can learn from my experiences and get to where they want to go that much faster. I have learned what I know about MC modding from a wonderfully helpful modding community, and I want to continue to foster that environment in the community.
What features are in EE3? Is item X/Y/Z still around from EE2?
I haven’t compiled a final list of what is in EE3 yet for the public, but here is the short list of what is in/out;
- Red Matter has been removed. It was a cosmetic tier only to give people something to aim for after Dark Matter. Dark Matter is now the top tier tech in EE3.
- Collectors have been removed. A different method for passive EMC generation will be introduced in the future.
- Condensers have been removed. A suitable replacement with new mechanics will be added in the future.
- The Destruction Catalyst/Hyperkinetic Lens have been removed. Their functionality still exists in the Dark Matter tools.
- The EMC system will remain, but it will be changed to accomodate new and more interesting mechanics.
- There will be a method to move EMC around in “wires.”
- More configuration options will be available to both players and server admins.
- EE3 will feature an API, which is not complete at this time.
- A transmutation system similiar to the Transmutation Tablet will exist, but is not ready to be disclosed at this time.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Equivalent Exchange 3 Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This Mod is made by Pahimar, all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.