- Updated on: July 19, 2017
- Newest File: Enhanced Selection Bounding Box Mod
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.12
- License: All Rights Reserved
You know that black wire frame that’s drawn around every block your cursor falls on? This mod lets you change the thickness, color and alpha channel of that wire frame. In addition, you can also select a solid color and alpha channel for the block that falls within the selection bounding box.
This mod lets you enable or disable the depth buffer for each block being looked at, letting you see every part of the wire frame as if the block were transparent.
An animation can be selected for breaking blocks, as well. As a block is broken, the shrink animation slowly shrinks the wire frame inwards to the center of the block, and the down animation shrinks the wire frame down to the bottom of the block.
I first saw a mod show case on BeastGamer’s Custom Block Selection Box V2. Being as how extremely outdated it was, I decided to go digging into the forge libraries and discovered the RenderGlobal class, and all the neat box drawing tools within. A few weeks later, after lots of trial, lots more error, and even more forum mod help discussions, I managed to put together a working product.
Plans: I plan to add a rainbow animation feature, at some point.
If you come across any bugs or errors that can be repeated, please let me know and I’ll try to sort them out as quickly as I can.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Enhanced Selection Bounding Box Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by fuzzybat23, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.