- Updated on: May 14, 2016
- Newest File: 1.9-1.0.10
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
I’ve never been a big fan of zombies, and I’ve always felt that Minecraft has been…. tainted… by the choice to include Zombies and Skeletons, as well as certain other occult or spiritistic elements. I decided that I would make a mod that removes these questionable influences and replaces them with a more “everyday” alternative.
EllitopiaBears Mod is a plugin gives a few of the default vanilla mobs new models, and renames a few of the blocks and items. The mobs still behave in exactly the same way and make all the same noises (because I haven’t worked out how to change that yet… feel free to suggest), and simply changes the models and renames things.
Go to (Quick links)
- Zombies have been turned into Brown Bears
- Skeletons have been turned into Polar Bears
- Wither Skeletons have been turned into Black Bears
- PigZombies have been turned into Pig Bears
(Yeah I know that one’s weird… they’re the pre-dead pigmen in Bear suits, OK!)
- Ghasts have been turned into “Guards”, a kind of mechanical drone
- Witches have been turned into Wise Bears
- New, more appropriate sounds have been added for Guards, Wise Bears and Polar Bears
- Mob heads have been changed to match the new Bear models when placed
- Enchanting has been renamed “Enhancing”
- Potions have been renamed as “Cocktails”
- Default Nether textures have been tweaked to be less “Hell”ish
- Netherrack has been renamed “Fire Rock”
- Nether Brick has been renamed “Cave Brick”
- Changed wording on achievements to match new changes
- [1.0.10] Wise Bears have a rare chance to drop one Nether Star if killed with a Looting sword (3% chance per looting level)
- Bears sound like bears, not the mobs they have replaced
> Exception: Brown Bears still sound like zombies… because they kinda sound like bears anyway!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the EllitopiaBears Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
Download latest file:
This mod is made by ellbristow, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.