- Updated on: October 17, 2016
- Newest File: Dynamic Lights for MC1.7.10 v1.3.9a
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.9.4, 1.9, 1.8.8, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.6.4, 1.6.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
What it does?
The Dynamic Lights Mod 1.10.2,1.9.4, 1.9, 1.8.8, 1.8, 1.7.10, 1.6.4, 1.6.2 adds a few brilliant touches with Minecraft’s lighting system. Exploring caves has never been easier thanks to the dynamic lighting mod. When holding a torch, glowstone, etc. it will light up the surrounding area. Similarly, if you throw the lit item it will still light up the area.
This modification makes ‘shining’ items (default: Torch, Glowstone, Glowdust, Lit Pumpkin, Redstone, Lava Bucket, powered Minecart) illuminate everything around them if
- The player has them equipped (in hand/armor)
- They are dropped on the ground
- Another player has them equipped in Multiplayer
On top of that, burning Entities (Creatures, Items) shine light.
You may add any Item ID you wish as shiny item, via the settings file. Also supports armor items!
You may also configure whether an item still shines if in water, and how long it shines once you hold or drop it.
Toggle button ingame:
The default key is “L”. You can turn all dynamic Lights on/off with it. You can change the key in the config file.
There is no limit to the number of lights you can create, note however they are fairly FPS-costly, and the mod will attempt to reduce lighting render updates frequency if you overdo it.
I recommend using Optifine HD for replacing Notch’s funky render code with slightly less funky rendering code. Optifine should maintain full Dynamic Lights compatibility unless i break it.
The mod should work in Multiplayer by default, yet is clientside, it cannot lag servers. Note however ‘dropped’ light sources will not prevent Mobs from Spawning, and neither will your handheld light.
Dynamic Lights now modular:
- BurningEntitiesLightSource -> Living Entities that burst into flames! Multithreaded! *expensive*
- ChargingCreeperLightSource -> Creepers about to explode light up! *cheap*
- DroppedItemsLightSource -> Dropped Items in the world. Also when they’re on fire. Multithreaded! *expensive*
- PlayerSelfLightSource -> Handheld Items and Armor on yourself. Also when you’re on fire. *cheap*
- PlayerOthersLightSource -> Handheld Items and Armor on others. Also when they’re on fire. Multithreaded! *fairly cheap*
To remove modules you dont want or cant afford (your machine is an asthmatic train wreck, or a Mac), simply remove (delete) them from the mod .jar /atomicstryker/dynamiclights/client/modules folder. Yes, the mod will continue to work. If you delete all modules, the mod won’t do anything.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Dynamic Lights Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This Mod is made by AtomicStryker, all credit to modder. Visit the original Mod thread here for all info.