- Updated on: November 27, 2016
- Newest File: DungeonTactics-1.10.2-0.11.1.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.8.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
If the changelog states any changes the config, delete your old DT config before complaining.
Dungeon Tactics Mod is a gameplay focused mod. Adding new types of melee weapons, new ranged weapons, and new tiers of armour and tools. Aswell as craftable traps to help you defend your base. Along with Towers and randomly generated Dungeons. All that and some other fun things.
– This link is pretty out-dated, and I no longer support 1.7.10 builds, but they can be found HERE –
I have tried to keep it in the feel of Minecraft, rather than attempt to change the game on a large scale, but add some new ways to play. This is not and en-game mod, but aims to add variety to the game.
I aim to make sure things work as intended before adding anything new, so please report any bugs you find.
As a fan of RogueLike games, I’m not going to tell you much of how things work. You’ll just have to work it out for yourself. But I will give a couple of hints:
– I have kept controls simple, so experiment with vanilla inputs (right-click, sneak, etc.)
– The slingshot uses several different ammo types, so experiment with things you think a slingshot could shoot.
– The new armours make up for their lower physical defence in other ways.
- Daggers and Hammers of all material types (plus some for materials added by other mods)
- Melee weapons have right-click abilities (requires a Mastery Tome)
- Two new material types, with armour and tools
- Slingshot – uses various ammo types, such as seeds and small rocks
- Thrown grenades – can also be dispensed (Explosive, Fire, Teleporting, and Cryo) – Cryo grenades slow targets and increase all damage taken for a short time. This effect stacks.
- Potshot – uses Fire Charges for ammo, projectile effect based on enchantments
- Heart drops – drops from creatures and hostiles, heals a small amount when picked up. Can be bottled and crafted into Heart of Gold for semi-permanent absorption hearts
- Magic Tether – sneak+use to teleport to your bed
- Bone Charms – remove stated debuff when used – ‘fragile’ – dropped by Tower Guardian & WitherBoss
- Phylactery – will consume itself to save you from death – requires some XP levels – dropped by WitherBoss
- Bag of Hoarding – portable Ender Chest
- Duct Tape – Repairs the item in your other hand
- Mastery Tome – Each one allows you to use one of a variety of weapon abilities (must be in your inventory or off hand)
- Portable Tunnelling Device – requires gunpowder. Right-click blocks to tunnel – place in dispenser (with Sonic Boom enchant) for ghetto block breaker
- Engineers Doorag & Dungarees – nullify the effects of traps, not great as armour.
- Rocket Pants – Requires Gunpowder
- Flight Goggles – Allows Rocket Pants to float down (cancelled by sneaking)
- Bounce Boots – Bouncy Bouncy, Oh such a good time, Bouncy Bouncy, Shoes all in a line
- Battle Harness – More effective than it seems, sometimes
- Obsidian Bricks – can be moved by pistons.
- Dungeon Glass – Generates in Towers, blocks most light.
- Wither Web – It’s like a net… That wants to kill you
- Powered Bars – Don’t pee on it
- Fan Block – Pushes entities, extinguishes fires, and blows away dust – stronger push if there is another fan behind
- Trap Plates – Various effects, pretty obvious by name
- Loot Bags – Configurable random loot drops
- Tower Guardian – Spawns at the top of Towers (or use a Netherstar on an armoured Skeleton)
- Flowers – Not just pretty, spread like mushrooms
- Mob Towers – Generated in Overworld and Nether
- Randomly generated Dungeons – Generated in Overworld and Nether
- Pirate Ships (WIP)
- Nether Gold Ore
- Potion Fish – Intended as an early game alternative to potions
- Cherry Bombs – Found on bushes, can be dispensed, or used as Slingshot ammo (these are mostly just for fun)
- Ore Clusters – Allows for fortune on Iron and Gold (aswell as some ores added by other mods) automatically assigns smelting output, but this can be overridden in the config.
- Config options
- I have added some of my items to chest loot
- My mob drops respect the doMobLoot gamerule
- My explosions respect the mobGreifing gamerule
- My structures respect the world settings
- Right-clicking a carpet, slab, stair, pressureplate, or trapplate with an empty hand, you will sit on the block.
- Earning an achievement will drop a named certificate, for you to display all of your accomplishments.
These features can be disabled in the config.
- To implement sword abilities, I needed to replace vanilla swords with my own. This is disabled if you disable weapon abilities, or you can craft my sword into vanilla swords, if you need to.
Small surface dungeons and hidden treasures(Done)
- More/improved surface dungeons (Working on)
- Nether dungeons (Working on)
- Dungeon dimension (Not Started)
Environmental dangers(Done) Improvements to weapons(Done, but will be worked on further) More traps and flowers which will generate in the world/dungeons(Done, but will be worked on further) Content as loot(Done)
- Tower Guardian (Working on)
- Config (Working on as needed)
- More dungeony stuff
- Other fun things
- Initially this mod was a small idea and the rogue-like lack of information was fun, but I feel it would now be fair to give some information about the less obvious stuff. This will be done via a book, in game. (Not implemented yet)
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Dungeon Tactics Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by PegBeard, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.