- Updated on: May 27, 2016
- Newest File: Ancient Trees v1.6.4 (1.7.10)
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Dendrology (Ancient Trees) Mod 1.7.10 adds 13 species of extinct trees to the game. You might think, “but if they’re extinct, how do we know where to find them?” Well that’s where this mod gets interesting. The saplings for the trees can only be found in hidden chests throughout your world. You may stumble across one deep in a cave or hidden in a mine.
If you enjoy the trees of Minecraft and wish for even more variety, then this mod is for you. They seemingly can grow anywhere you plant them but because of their rarity, you’ll want to make sure you don’t misplace their location. It’s most beneficial to plant the saplings you have, harvest the fully grown tree and it’s saplings and continue to populate the world with them. That’s your duty now that these trees have no natural way of spawning otherwise.
The neat thing about these trees is some grow differently from standard trees. A few look normal with slight differences but others are very tall, large, or twisty. They’re very neat and gives your world a bit of an exotic feel.
And with new trees comes new wood blocks. Thirteen new blocks to add more variety to your builds. And these blocks fit well within the natural world even if they are extinct.
This mod does also require the KoreSample API
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Dendrology (Ancient Trees) Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by ScottKillen , all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.