- Updated on: February 2, 2017
- Newest File: DefaultOptions_1.11.2-8.2.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.8.9, 1.9.4, 1.11.2, 1.7.10, 1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Default Options Mod allow you setting default key configuration, default option, location configs and support nearly all mods
Setting up Default Keys
- Configure the keys how you’d like them to be in the default configuration
- Run the “/defaultoptions saveKeys” command: the file defaultkeys.txt will be saved in the config folder
- Make sure to ship the default-config folder and NOT the options.txt in your modpack. Victory!
Check the Controls GUI to see that the default settings have updated. Players will now start with these keys by default.
Setting up Default Options
- Configure the options (e.g. FOV, video and audio settings) how you’d like them to be in the default configuration
- Run the “/defaultoptions saveOptions” command: the file defaultoptions.txt will be saved in the config folder
- Make sure to ship the default-config folder and NOT the options.txt in your modpack. Woohoo!
Fresh installations of your pack (=> no existing options.txt) will now get the default options you specified.
Setting up Default Configs (Minecraft 1.9.4+)
If you want to set up your modpack in a way that lets users change specific config files without having them overwritten by updates, you can put those files into the default-config folder rather than the config folder. Those files will only be copied over into the config folder on the first run of the pack. Sadly Minecraft’s mod configurations aren’t standardized enough to provide a more complex solution without having lots of breakage.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Default Options Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by BlayTheNinth, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.