- Updated on: November 28, 2016
- Newest File: Custom Ore Generation 1.2.26
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.7.10,1.7.2,1.6.4
- License: All Rights Reserved
CustomOreGen Mod gives the user control over the placement of ores and other blocks via a sophisticated XML configuration language. Config authors can generate ores according to three main distribution types: veins, clouds and vanilla clusters. They can also substitute any block in the world with another one. The configurations can be parameterized by custom options (such as whether a particular ore should be deposited as a vein or cloud), and the player can configure those options through an in-game GUI during world creation. Default configurations are included for vanilla and most major mods.
This is the revival of the venerable Custom Ore Generation, last released for Minecraft 1.4.6. Custom Ore Generation was originally written by JRoush, and he/she deserves virtually all the credit for this work. The current maintainer aims to keep the mod up to date with Minecraft, to fix bugs and to add a few features here and there. The configuration layout has changed since the times of JRoush.
How do I configure distributions for a server? Choose one:
- Easiest: Generate the world using a client (and thus the GUI), and copy to server.
- Edit the CustomOreGen_Options.txt file from another world directory and save it to server config directory.
- Options can be modified via the server/admin console (see wiki).
Can I use this mod in my mod pack? Sure, this is released under the terms of the Artistic 2.0 license.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the CustomOreGen Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by JRoush, noogenesis, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.