- Updated on: April 12, 2017
- Newest File: CrystalCaves.zip
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.11.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
Crystal Caves is a small mod that adds crystals to the world of Minecraft. Different sizes of crystals will now spawn in caves and the nether. Crystals glow with the same light as redstone, and drop Crystal Shards when broken. Crystal shards can be used for all sorts of nifty things.
Here you can see several small crystals, plus the smallest size of “big” crystal:
Crystal shards can be crafted into a variety of things…
Crystal tools can break the same blocks as iron tools, are slightly faster than iron tools (but slower than diamond) and are as enchantable as gold tools, but their durability is between iron and stone. Still, it’s basically a much more useful version of gold tools, since they last so much longer.
Crafted like so:
Crystal Bone Tools:
Crystal Bone tools are crafted with bones instead of sticks. This doubles their durability, so that they now have 150 more uses than iron.
Crystal Glass (and Crystal Glass Panes):
When smelted, crystal shards harden into shatter-resistant crystal glass, which has the same blast resistance as stone. It will also drop itself when broken, without needing the Silk Touch enchantment. Sweet!
Glows slightly, like other crystals, but its main use is for storage. Sure looks pretty, though.
(Crystal Block is on the left, raw crystal is on the right. Raw crystal can only be harvested by using Silk Touch on a large crystal)
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Crystal Caves Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by steelfeathers, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.