The intention of the CoFH Common Library is to establish a framework for modders to use to avoid “reinventing the wheel,” as it were. This library contains a lot of basic functionality that quite a few mods end up adding at some point during their development.
Ideally, using this library will allow for more rapid mod development as a lot of the “boring” yet essential code is provided here. Additionally, it has the potential to greatly reduce permgen space, and who can argue with that?
Obviously, we have to maintain this library and keep it compatible with the changes and updates introduced by Minecraft and Forge, but we’ll try and only add new things if at all possible.
How to install CoFHLib Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the CoFHLib Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by TeamCoFH, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.