- Updated on: April 12, 2017
- Newest File: CharcoalPit-[1.10.2]-1.2.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2
- License: All Rights Reserved
This mod allows you to build shapeless multiblock structures for turning logs into charcoal and coal into coke.
Start by placing your log piles/coal blocks in any shape you want then cover any exposed faces with the appropriate block. For charcoal piles any non-flammable block that is solid on the side facing the pile will work. For coke only specific blocks will work: bricks and nether bricks by default.
To start it light one of the log piles/coal blocks on fire and quickly cover it. Its working if you see smoke particles at the top.
If the structure is invalid the log piles/coal blocks will burn out and invalidate even more blocks leaving you with nothing but tears. Seriously, each block contains 9 logs/coals, you can easily lose stacks of resources.
After a while (18MC hours for charcoal and 36MC hours for coke by default) it will stop smoking and the log piles/coal blocks will turn into an ash-looking block. So diggy diggy that up and you will get charcoal/coke and ash. It’s not a 1:1 conversion but fortune helps. Ash can be used to make fertilizer.
But it does not end there. It’s also possible to collect creosote oil from this process. To do this craft a few creosote funnels and follow the instructions on the tooltip. Creosote oil will be produced during the process, NOT at the end of it. Remember that the stone brick version does not work for coal piles. Creosote oil can be used as furnace fuel.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Charcoal Pit Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by 0cf6d20b437f4a88a927c6ea8cd71a1a, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.