- Updated on: August 23, 2016
- Newest File: BetterMinecraftChat_1.10.2-4.1.6.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9
- License: All Rights Reserved
BetterMinecraftChat Mod 1.10.2,1.10,1.9.4,1.9 is a client-side mod that provides various tweaks and features to the Minecraft chat, while staying close to the look and feel of the Vanilla chat.
It’s most notable features are Emoticons, and Image Link preview, configurable Chat Tabs and Message Filters. It also provides an API for other mods to use and will act as the new base for my upcoming IRC & Twitch Integration mods.
Please see its addon: Twitch Integration Mod
- By default it supports Twitch emotes and BetterTTV emotes, as well as pre-approved emotes submitted by my Patrons and the old EiraMoticons default emotes.
- Simple Emote menu to go along with it, in case you can’t remember your Twitch emote codes.
- Image Link Preview
- Links in Minecraft pointing to an image will be previewed right there when clicked on. No need to open them in a browser!
- Chat Tabs
- Ability to group messages logically using RegEx patterns.
- Ability to set a message prefix to quickly respond to whispers.
- Ability to set exclusive channels, which will cause messages not to appear on other tabs whose patterns fit as well.
- Chat Macros
- Ability to store up to four messages for quick-reuse
- Pressing CTRL + F5-F8 will store the currently typed message in a Macro slot.
- Pressing F5-F8 will then insert the stored message into chat as long as it’s open.
- Message Filters
- Ability to redirect messages to appear on the side bar or as a notification on the bottom of the screen, similar to what ChatFlow allowed you to do.
- By default, “You can only sleep at night” is redirected to a notification on the bottom and common command output is redirected to the side.
- Ability to simply completely hide messages.
- Message Reformatting
- In case you hate Minecraft’s “<Player> Message” style, you can easily change it to whatever you like using the sender and message variable.
- Message Highlights
- When another player mentions your name, the message will be highlighted with a red background.
- Ability to set up further highlighted words.
- Random Name Colors
- Ability to enable random name colors for players in chat (will not be synchronized with other players).
- Alternating Message Background
- Message Timestamps
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the BetterMinecraftChat Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by BlayTheNinth, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.