I think it’s time we had a bigger better questing mod to play with. For a long time now I’ve wanted to see mod packs do more with the tasks players would undertake on their journey’s but as it is, there is only so much you can do with the existing questing mods out there. I took it upon myself to spend the last few months working on a replacement that was completely modular so that any mod developer could create expansions and themes that builds upon the existing mod allowing for pack developers to have limitless choice in what they can do with their stories and adventures.
This is the base mod and contains only the base functionality for expansion packs to build upon.
Please go download the Better Questing – Standard Expansion Mod to get you started.
- Lots of in game editors for customising all aspects of your quests
- Automatic quest tree generation
- Party management
- Hardcore lives
- Allows pack developers to fully localise their quests with resource packs
- Customisable themes to better suit your pack (Requires expansions)
- Expandable set of task and rewards types (Requires expansions)
- Importers for other mods (Requires expansions)
- Skyrim-like notifications when quests are complete
- Full screen GUIs for less cramped editors
- All quest data is saved in JSON for external editors to manipulate
- MODULAR AND EXPANDABLE!
Permission: Of course you can use it in your mod packs!
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Better Questing Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Funwayguy, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.