- Updated on: July 9, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
The Better Breeds mod changes at how you look at your animals and how they look at you! This mod adds in genders to animals. So you can’t breed animals that are the same gender! Isn’t that something we always wanted to see in Minecraft? It also adds in tons of textures for all the simple animals of minecraft! There are also multiple config options to customize the mod to your liking!
Go to (Quick links)
The animals currently switched are:
- The Chicken
- The Cow
- The Wolf
- The Sheep
- The Pig
To breed animals, there are some prerequisites:
- They have to be a male and a female. They can’t be both male or both female
- They have to be in the best health. Meaning max health.
- They have to be different species? Obviously
- And they have to both be in love!
How to tell an animal’s gender:
Note: Every male has a deeper voice, and the female’s have a lighter voice. That’s also another way to tell them apart.
If you look under the chicken’s head, you’ll see that it’s wattle (that small red pouch near it’s neck) is different colors. The male’s wattle is dark red and the female’s lighter red.
- Male- Dark Red Wattle
- Female- Pink Wattle
Here, the animal’s noses are different from each other. The colors are different. The male’s nose is a darker shade of pink. The female’s nose is a light brown.
- Male- Dark Nose
- Female- Light Brown Nose
Again, the animal’s noses are different colors. The male’s nose is black but the female’s is white.
- Male- Black Nostrils
- Female- White Nostrils
It’s kind of obvious but one of the animal’s mouth is a darker red. The male has the dark red mouth, while the female has a pinkish mouth.
- Male- Dark Red Mouth
- Female- Light Red Mouth
If you look closely, the male has dark green eyes. But the female has dark blue eyes.
- Male- Dark Green Eyes
- Female- Dark Blue Eyes
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Mod
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge