- Updated on: January 19, 2015
- Newest File:
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.6, 1.7
- License: All Rights Reserved
This is a small mod that just removed the anvil XP limit. I decided to make this mod since I could almost never repair my tools because of this limit. It does not work on servers without the mod installed, even though it appears to, and it also appears to remove your XP, but you have it back when you re log!
First, make sure Forge is installed. If you don’t have a “Mods” button underneath “Multiplayer” on your main Minecraft menu, then Forge is not installed.
If Forge is installed, put the whole BetterAnvils.zip file you downloaded, into the mod folder.
On Windows 7, the folder is:
Yours should be similar.
Also, the AppData folder is, by default, hidden. You either have to unhide it, manually type it into the address bar, or use the menu to find it. To use the menu, open Minecraft, click on “Options,” then “Texture Packs.” Next click on “Open Texture Packs Folder.” This will open an explorer window at this location:
As you can see, that folder is very close to the Mods folder and Config folder, and getting to them this way may be easier for you.
Once you have the mod in the right place, you can verify it is correct by clicking on “Mods” from the main menu. It will show all mods Forge has found, and Better Anvils should be listed.
How to install
- Download the mod
- Open minecraft.jar in 7-zip or a similar program
- Open the mod zip in 7-sip or a similar program as well
- Drag all the files inside the mod zip into minecraft.jar
- If you are installing on the client DELETE META-INF OR YOU WILL CRASH!!!
- If on a server DO NOT DELETE META-INF!!
- Close minecraft.jar and the mod zip