What is Alternate Terrain Generation (ATG)?
ATG adds a new world type which entirely replaces the base method of creating the world. It’s Mod for Minecraft 1.7.10 & 1.7.2.
Go to (Quick links)
Vanilla generation creates “blobs” of land within the world and assigns random biomes to each, shuffling them around a bit to add rivers and such. The height and shape of terrain within these areas is determined by the biome, not the rest of the world.
ATG completely changes this, instead creating height, temperature and moisture maps for the world and deriving the final biome based upon those. Higher areas are colder, areas away from the sea and where the temperature is high tend to be dryer.
ATG currently supports vanilla and Extra Biomes XL. ATG itself is compatible with others, but they won’t appear in ATG worlds
A cold shoreline, with gravel and sandy gravel beaches.
Mountainside with EBXL trees and river.
Rivers don’t always work as well as they might…
A rolling shrubland area.
Shrubland and EBXL meadows.
A snowy coast with steppe on the left.
A forested valley.
Another view of the same valley.
There are still a few issues with generation at the interface between deserts and hilly zones.
Tundra dotted with steppe.
Large mountain in a cold, dry area.
Swampy coastal inlet.
Flat terrain exists, but at higher altitudes than vanilla.
Swampy coasts cause small cliffs.
Mountain slopes can be very steep, but tend to not be sheer cliffs.
Volcano lava spout – these are found on the highest mountains and reach to bedrock.
Another swamp coast, showing layered plateaus up a hill.
A hilly desert.
Gravel beaches appear when temperature drops, but before snow.
Transitional biomes: Meadow/plains -> shrubland -> woodland -> forest.
EBXL autumn trees appear as groves in forests.
A cold valley.
A lake between two mountain ridges.
A wooded coast at the interface between hot and temperate.
Sandy coastal areas are common where the sea gets shallow.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Alternate Terrain Generation Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This is made by TTFTCUTS, all credit to modder. Visit the original thread here for all info.
- Alternate Terrain Generation Mod 1.7.10 Download
- How To Install Alternate Terrain Generation Mod
- Alternate Terrain Generation Mod + tutorial installation
- How to download and install Alternate Terrain Generation Mod
- mods for minecraft 1.7.10
- minecraft mods 1.7.10 download
- Minecraft Alternate Terrain Generation Mod 1.7.10
- Minecraft 1.7.10 Alternate Terrain Generation Mod