- Updated on: August 30, 2016
- Newest File: ashenwheat-1.10.2-184.108.40.206.jar
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.10.2,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
akkamaddi’s Ashenwheat Mod 1.10.2,1.9.4,1.9,1.8.9,1.7.10 is a small farming mod, adding four utility crops: Ashenwheat (a fuel, and can make charcoal), Ossidroot (can make Bonemeal), Thundergrass (can make gunpowder), and Scintillawheat (can make Glowstone Dust). For those that use Forestry, Calcified Ash (smelted Ossid Root) is regsitered as “dustAsh” to the Ore Dictionary, and should work as Ash in that mod’s recipes.
Ashenwheat was actually one of the first mods akkamaddi attempted, though there were minor setbacks, and his focus was diverted to Simple Ores. It is now finished, and at a point where it could grow.
Ashenwheat adds four “utility crops” to Minecraft.
Ashenwheat – The namesake of the mod. This is a dark, sulphurous strain of wheat that literally emits burning embers. It glows from internal heat. While slower-growing than normal wheat, it can be used to make hay bales and bread, and even cookies! All Ashenwheat products will burn as fuel in any furnace which accepts standard fuel, and Ashenbread will smelt into charcoal.
Ossidroot – This strange plant has a large, hard, bulbous, inedible root that looks vaguely like a skull. A torch can be set in the base to make an Ossid Lantern, similar to a Jack-O-Lantern, while a fresh Ossid Root can be smelted to Calcified Ash, which makes Bonemeal. Ossidroot grows a little slower than Ashenwheat. Ossidroot plants, and the Lanters, emit an ominous gloom.
Thundergrass – This thick, wiry grass produces more seeds when dried. The seeds can be smelted small lumps of Unstable Soot, which can then be crafted into Gunpowder. Thundergrass grows a little slower than Ashenwheat. Thundergrass glows slightly, and smokes from internal heat.
Scintillawheat – Scintillawheat is a rare and slow-growing wheat. It glows brighter than Ashenwheat, and shimmers even in the sun. It can be used to make hay bales and bread, and even cookies. Scintillawheat bales can be smelted to produce Scintillating Ash, which can be crafted into Glowstone Dust.
How to install akkamaddi’s Ashenwheat Mod:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the akkamaddi’s Ashenwheat Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by Sinhika, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.