- Updated on: November 27, 2016
- Newest File: AT2-15r
- Release Type: Release
- Supports: 1.7.10
- License: All Rights Reserved
Advanced Thaumaturgy 2 Mod started as a port from Advanced Thaumaturgy by LycaonX, but quickly became more than just that.
This mod seeks to extend the Thaumcraft playtime, but not in a tedious manner. It will add items that unlock features every Thaumaturge dreamed of, such as the ability to modify a node, at a price obviously! But there is a lot planned for this mod that we will be revealing at a later date.
Q. What is this mod?
A. This is an addon mod to the mod Thaumcraft, by Azanor, which seeks to improve the way you play by adding useful features that the original creator, LycaonX, felt should have been added.
Q. Can I use this in my modpack? / Can I play with this mod?
A. Of course! That’s why we made ported it and will continue its development. This mod can be used in modpacks, both public and private, so long as you don’t distribute the jar through other means.
Q. This mod was copied! / “Lycaon’s just busy he’ll work on it, give him time!” (Real quote)
A. No, this isn’t me stealing his ideas, and the sad truth is Lycaon can’t work on it anymore, as he passed away in May of 2016.
Q. Can I help code / design / et cetera… ?
A. Yes, actually. We’re looking for help to code and design the mod, as of now we only have a few members on the team and openly invite experienced coders / texture artists to help out.
Q. Why are you making the mod if it was Lycaon’s?
A. Because I knew Lycaon on a more personal level and I believe he’d be happy to know we are carrying on his mod in his honor, because he really loved to code and that’s really all he wanted to do, so we want to help him get to where he wanted this mod and then carry it on for him.
How to install:
- Install the version of Forge that corresponds with the mod (http://files.minecraftforge.net/ Choose the installer version of Forge)
- Download the Advanced Thaumaturgy 2 Mod.
- Drop the entire zipped file into your mods folder (Search %appdata% on your PC then go into .minecraft, then mods(create this folder if it is not there))
- Open Minecraft and make sure your profile is set to Forge
- Start Minecraft and enjoy!
This mod is made by MonzterAssassin, all credit to modder. Visit the original mod thread here for all info.